If you’re a gamer, you’ve probably been there: eager to dive into a new world, only to be thrown off by an unexpected error. One such hurdle is the infamous Starfield This Item is Not Yet Available Error. But don’t lose heart just yet, as we’re here to help you navigate this obstacle. Let’s delve into the details and explore various solutions to this problem.
Understanding the Issue
Before we get to the solutions, let’s first understand the problem. Bethesda Game Studios has made a significant mark in the gaming world with the introduction of Starfield, their first new universe in over two decades. However, the journey is not without its bumps, and the Starfield This Item is Not Yet Available Error is one such hiccup.
This error, as reported by players, pops up out of the blue, preventing enthusiastic gamers from launching the game. It is especially frustrating since there seems to be no clear cause or pattern to this issue. However, fear not, as we’ll explore numerous workarounds to help you get back to your interstellar exploration in no time.
A Step-by-Step Guide to Resolving the “Starfield This Item is Not Yet Available Error”
Step 1: Shut Down and Restart the Game
The simplest solution is often the most overlooked one. Initially, try shutting down the game entirely, and then relaunch it. This basic technique has worked wonders for a few players, and it’s worth a shot. A fresh start can sometimes resolve minor glitches that may be causing the error.
Step 2: Run Steam as an Administrator
Sometimes, the root of the issue may lie with the Steam application itself. Running Steam as an administrator can grant the necessary permissions to avoid in-game issues. Here’s how to do it:
on the Steam
- Select Properties
> Navigate to the Compatibility tab.
- Check the Run this program as an administrator box.
- Click on Apply and then OK to save the changes.
Step 3: Update the Game
An outdated game version might be the culprit behind the error. Always check for available game updates to avoid such issues. Here’s how you can manually check for updates:
- Open the Steam client > Navigate to Library.
- Click on Starfield in the left pane.
- Steam will automatically search for any available updates.
- If an update is available, click on the Update button.
- Wait for the update process to finish.
- Once the update completes, restart the PC to apply the changes.
Step 4: Repair Game Files
Corrupted or missing game files can often lead to problems when launching games. In such cases, you can use Steam’s repair feature to check the integrity of the game files and fix any issues. Here’s how to do it:
- Launch the Steam client > Navigate to Library.
- Right-click on Starfield in the list.
- Click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- Wait for the repair process to complete and then restart the PC.
Step 5: Clear Steam’s Download Cache
The last resort is to clear Steam’s download cache. This action deletes the stored download cache from the game launcher, which can refresh the game downloading or installing process. Here’s how to do it:
- Launch the Steam client > Click on the Steam tab from the top-left menu.
- Click on Settings > Navigate to Downloads.
- Here, click on Clear Download Cache.
- If prompted, click on OK to confirm.
- Finally, click on OK to save changes & restart the Steam client.
We hope this guide helps you overcome the Starfield This Item is Not Yet Available Error. While it can be frustrating to encounter such issues, remember that most of them have simple solutions. If you have any additional queries, don’t hesitate to drop a comment below. Happy gaming!